Thursday, October 15, 2009

Big 2 Year Old

On October 13 my little girl turned two years old. She loves birthdays and was so excited that it was going to be her birthday. She got the biggest smile on her face when ever we told her happy birthday. I was happy for her b/c she was so happy but a little part of me was a little sad. I couldn't believe and still can't that my little girl is two years old. When a baby is born you start off by saying, "my baby is 1 week old, 3 weeks old..and so on." Then you reach a point than you say "my baby is one month, two months, 6 months, 18 months old and so on." I got really sad the night before Paige's birthday as I realized that she will just be 2 years old now. She is officially no longer a baby. She is my little toddler, my little girl!
I think Heavenly Father makes each age so much fun though, to make it easier on us mommies. If Paige wasn't so much fun I really would be bawling that she is growing so fast. Silly thought I know. Paige is so much fun though and she makes me so happy!

Paige wanted pancakes for her birthday breakfast...her favorite!

Present time..I was surprised, she opened them all by her self.

Paige and her cake

Enjoying ice cream and cake with her cousins!

8 comments:

Woodside's said...

I can't believe she is two either and I can't believe Jaran is one! They grow to fast! Great job on her birthday cake! She is so cute and you are a great mommy:) Love ya!

Woodside's said...

Oh, and the video was adorable! She has such a sweet smile!

Erin said...

Happy birthday Paige!! Such a little doll. That is the cutest cake Amanda. Did you make it? Please teach me how to be domestic!

Deanne Wahl said...

She looks so cute! I can't beleive how big she is. And happy late birthday to Garet!

Laura John said...

Love the video, I never realized what a beautiful singing voice Garet has.
Love ya,
Laura

Spencer and Marlee said...

THe cake turned out cute!! Remember when I made that cake for MEgan just differently decorated? HAppy Birthday Paige! I love how she loves birthdays! SHe gets excited even if they are for someone else. I love her

Adam, Hilly, Wes and Meg said...

My silly blogger isn't updating the dates to tell me someone has posted something new. I gotta quit relying on that cause I keep missing out!
That cake is awesome--I'll have to remember that one for my little girl!
Paige is so cute! I can't believe she's 2. It feels like yesterday that Wes and I were watching her while you were at work--so tiny and sweet with her crazy hair. :(
Wesley watched the video with me and we had to watch it a few times. He kept saying, "again, again!" So fun!!
Miss you guys! Love you!

Kara said...

So I am obviously a little late on this, but still, happy b-day to Paige! It really does fly by and it's such a mix of emotions because they are just so adorable and cute at their different stages of growing up, and yet it's sad because they seem to go by so fast! :) Anyway, looks like she a had a great b-day, what a cutie pie!