Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Joys of Remodeling :)

We have also been upside down in our house with some remodeling we are doing but its also been kinda fun. I am though very excited for it to be done...whenever that will be and ready for my house to be clean! We are currently in the process of redoing our master bathroom. Shortly after we moved in we noticed some water damage on both sides of the shower to the dry wall. We knew there was a water leak from the shower causing the damage. Garet took the shower down himself where we realized a pipe was broken causing some water to come through the shower head, but most of the water running between the shower and the wall.


Below is now what our bathroom currently looks like. (a mess) We have replaced the stand up shower with a bathtub/shower, removed the cabinet shown above so the tub would fit, we have also removed a wall between the sink and the vanity (making our vanity part of our bathroom) and we have put up a wall and a door from the bedroom to the bathroom, we have also put in more lighting and added a window to one wall and removed a window to another. Whats left to do now is put up the rest of the drywall, lay the tile to the tube and floor, repaint our vanity, and put up another cabinet above the toilet. Its been a slow process but Garets cousin has been helping us, which we appreciate.


We have also removed a wall in our house that was creating a hallway between our kitchen and our family room. I love love love it not being there. It makes our family room feel so much bigger. (giving us I think about 3 more feet) I am excited to paint it now but can't decide what color to paint.

Lastly we have been painting. We have painted our front door (teal), our shutters (black) (some of the eaves..not finished yet-white), our side gate to entire the back yard (black)!! I was really kinda nervous about doing it because its so different but I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. It makes me smile every time I pull into the house.

The house..I was trying to get the gate in but you can't really see it b/c the sun.


The gate ( the "G" is the same color as the door)


& just in case you didn't like the previous angle here's another. :)

5 comments:

Jana and Brett said...

Your house is super cute! Sometimes I forget you guys have a house. :0) I haven't seen you in forever...I MISS YOU!

Susan said...

Sounds great! We're visiting in September - we'll have to drop by and see all your improvements!

A Bunch of Paynes said...

BRAVO Amanda! I love your colors! Way to be brave and just tear down some walls!

Adam, Hilly, Wes and Meg said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see more of it!

Bethany said...

A real life remodel? FUN! Well, I mean, for me to WATCH from the safety of my computer. :)