In the past 7 years that Garet and I have been married I have usually done a Valentines breakfast. Most years we have done heart shaped pink pancakes or pink heart shaped biscuits and gravy. This year Garet made breakfast and we had pink oatmeal. Paige thought it was really cool. Valentines day was kinda fun though. I wasn't able to do the usual corny things but it still was fun. During the day Paige and I made little Valentines for people and she delivered them to people. Then my VT came over and we had our usual lunch. (My VT are awesome. They come over every Monday and we have lunch together....its so nice to get girl time and visit with them) When Garet got home from work we had some yummy hamburgers and then had a fun FHE. We of course had to do our lesson on LOVE. We then enjoyed dipping strawberries and blueberries in chocolate. Paige was funny. Garet brought out all the fruit first and Paige dove right ini saying how yummy the fruit was. Then Garet brought out the dipping chocolate and she tried that. She said, " WOW Mom this is even better!!!" silly girl...of course chocolate makes everything better. :)
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Valentine Fun
For the past 3 years every Valentines Day, Easter, and Halloween my cousin Britni and I have gotten together to makes festive sugar cookies. Its been a fun little tradition that we have started. Britni and I enjoy it probably more then the kids. I figured this year we probably wouldn't do cookies becuase I was in bed. But Britni just brought the kitchen to my bedroom. It was lots of fun and a good change from the norm. We brought a fold out table into my room and chairs for the kids. Britni sat on the bed and helped the kids while I layed in bed with my little table. We frosted lots of cookies and had a good time. So glad that Britni was thoughtful enough to think of this.
Savanna and Paige
Paige
Paige..real proud of her pink oatmeal. She got this shirt from my mom for valentines day and LOVES it. This is the shift she wears now as soon as it is clean.
Garet and Paige...enjoying the Valentines Day treat!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is such a sweet Valentines. What wonderful vt you have too, and that's just awesome of Britni. I'm so glad that everyone is taking such good care of you cuz you really deserve it.
Post a Comment