For the month of Ocober I have a disclaimer to write...my Camera broke after the first week so not many pictures.... but here's what I got:
Garet's B-day/Conference Weekend: (10/1-10/3)
For the past 2 years Garet and I have gone to the cabin this weekend to celebrate his birthday and also watch conference. I love watching conference up there. We have no distractions and its very peaceful. This year we talked all my family into coming. Jared had just got home from his mission 2 days before so it was a great excuse for everyone to come and spend time together. And then of course Garets birthday celebration is definitely an added bonus. Garet and I left Friday afternoon with Paige to the cabin. Most of the family got there that night as well. We all didn't fit in the cabin so some of us had to stay in tents. We stayed in our tent again...and Paige had a blast!!! Friday evening we got there early enough to get things settled and to get dinner started. Saturday morning we had the works for dinner then settled down to watch conference. Conference was great. I always enjoy listening to conference. Sunday was Garets birthday. We pretty much did the same thing we did the day before, (Eat great food and listen to conference.) Between sessions we had Garets birthday party..this is when my camera broke!(grrr) We had a great weekend. It was fun to be all together and especially spend time with Jared!
For the past 2 years Garet and I have gone to the cabin this weekend to celebrate his birthday and also watch conference. I love watching conference up there. We have no distractions and its very peaceful. This year we talked all my family into coming. Jared had just got home from his mission 2 days before so it was a great excuse for everyone to come and spend time together. And then of course Garets birthday celebration is definitely an added bonus. Garet and I left Friday afternoon with Paige to the cabin. Most of the family got there that night as well. We all didn't fit in the cabin so some of us had to stay in tents. We stayed in our tent again...and Paige had a blast!!! Friday evening we got there early enough to get things settled and to get dinner started. Saturday morning we had the works for dinner then settled down to watch conference. Conference was great. I always enjoy listening to conference. Sunday was Garets birthday. We pretty much did the same thing we did the day before, (Eat great food and listen to conference.) Between sessions we had Garets birthday party..this is when my camera broke!(grrr) We had a great weekend. It was fun to be all together and especially spend time with Jared!
Garet, Jared, and Jordan enjoying some gourmet sandwhiches
Hallie, Kacey, Megan, Karlie, Jacie, Teagan, Paige, and Kade..eating lunch!!
Garet, Karisa, Justin, Allison, Landon
Allison, Landon, Justin, Karisa, Hallie, Karlie
Garet and Paige- Garet's birthday! This is the last picture I was able to take before camera broke!
Garet we hope you had a great birthday! I am so lucky to be married to you. You are a wonderful husband and father! Thanks for making me so happy! I love you!!!!!
Paige's Birthday- My BIG 3 Year Old: (10/13)
Paige was supper excited for her birthday this year. Which of course made it lots of fun for Garet and I. Paige gets to share her birthday with her Aunt Megan. Grandma "Marsha" (as Paige calls her) wanted to come surprise Megan for her birthday so we got to spend the day with her and also Jared, Jordan and Kade who came with Grandma. So just as Paige wanted we started the day off with fruit and donuts. (don't know where she thought of donuts) We then got ready for the day and we went to the Library's "Dinasour Day". Paige thought they were having a special library day because it was her birthday. We met some of her little friends at the library. At dinosaur day they have different stations for you to go around and do. They had a couple different crafts, games, and even cookie decorating. She had a great time. After the Library we met some of her little friends at the park. They played at the park for about an hour, had cupcakes and opened some presents. Again Paige had a blast. It was so fun to watch her. She was so so excited. After the park we came home and had tortilla pizza and then took naps. That evening we met up with Megan and her roomates and we ate dinner at La Cassita (Megans choice) We had to hurry home from that because Garets family was meeting at our house for cake and ice cream. Paige and a day full of nonstop play. She loved it! It was so much fun for all of us!
I love this face. You can see how thrilled she was. This is the donut she picked out...chocolate with sprinkles!!
We had a great day like I said before. Paige we love you! We are so glad that you are in our family. You have brought more joy to us then we could have ever imagined. You are a special little girl. Your very smart, tender to others and happy. We love you and are so glad to be your parents!
Pregnancy Scare: (10/20,& 10/21)
Wednesday night the 20th I had a little scare where I thought I was miscarring...actully I knew I was misscarring. After dinner sometime I started bleeding a little bit. I tried to wave it off but couldn't help but being scared. It was more then just spotting. I expressed my concern to Garet and he assured me that everything was probably ok. I wasn't convinced and was still really scared when he left to go play a basketball game. I text mom and told her and of course she immediatley called me. She tried to calm my nerves. After getting off the phone I went and got Paige ready for bed. While reading her stories I couldn't help the tears from falling. I tried to hide my emotions from Paige. My stomach started cramping some and I just new I was going to loose the baby. Soon Megan came to my house. When she came to comfort me I couldn't hold back the emotions and started sobbing. I was so scared. I was going to be 12 weeks the next day. I didn't want to loose the baby. I didnt' want to have to go through being sick all over again. Megs stayed with me for a while and Paige finally went to bed. When Garet came home he gave me a blesssing. I am so grateful for him. Jared was also here in town and helped with the blessing. I don't remember much of what Garet said but I remember feeling peace after he was done. I then remembered a sweet experience I had had in the temple months before. At the temple I had a strong feeling that I knew I would be able to bear a child.....didn't know when but I knew my body would be able to do this. It was very comforting to be reminded of that sweet experience. I didn't have anymore bleeding that night but my stomach continued to cramp. The next morning I decided that I should let the doctor know what was going on. I called and informed them and they told me to come to Tucson that day to check the baby and make sure the baby was ok. So later that afternoon Garet and I drove to Tucson. I was so scared. It brought back to many memories from the year before when I got induced after my water had broke. Well everything ended up being fine at the doctors. They couldn't explain the bleeding or the cramping but they said baby looked good and so did my body. I was just told to take it easy for a couple days. It was such a relief to hear that everything was ok.
Girls Day:(10/23)
For Garets Moms birthday we all gave Kathleen tickets to Broadways Beauty & the Beast. (and we all bought one for ourselves) So all the daughters, daughter in-laws, and grand daughters over 5 went. Everyone from Thatcher all drove down Saturday morning. We grabbed a quick bite to eat at Chipotle and then headed over to Laura's. There we met up with everyone else, and took off to the Theater. We had pretty good seats...or at least I thought so. It was really fun to be with everyone...and the show was so good. I loved it!!! After the show we went and got frozen yogart at Ocean Blue. It was YUMMY! I had a great time though with all the girls. I am so lucky to be married into such a great family!!!
Halloween Weekend: (10/29-10/31)
Well we didn't have a camera this weekend so I don't have pictures. I was able to steal one off of Marlee's blog though. I was hoping to get more but that's ok. I have already done a little post on Halloween....but I didn't really journal much about it so I wanted to add more.
We started the weekend off with a doctors appointment in Tucson. Many of our trips to SV have recently been started off this way. Well the doctors appointment went well. Baby seems to be doing good and I'm doing good. I am now 12 weeks pregnant. After the appointment we headed down to SV. Since Halloween this year fell on Sunday we did trunk or treating Saturday night. This year Paige wanted to be Tinkerbell. I found her skirt and wings for a really good price at the county fair. She was really excited and loved her coutume. Paige and a fun time trunk or treating and loved getting free candy. She got more then what she needed. :)
After "Trunk of Treating" we went back to moms for pizza, and cake and ice cream. Jared's birthday was on the 28th but he wasn't in town so we were celebrating it that night. It was fun to be with the family as it always is. We went back home late that night because Garet had meetings early that morning. (the end of September he was called to be the Elders President)

All the grandkids that went trick or treating....this is after "Trunk or Treat"
No comments:
Post a Comment