November was a much slower month then October. During the month of October we had something every weekend. S0, it was nice to slow it down a little this month. We started the month off busy on the first weekend with Garets Casa Grande Triathlon. I already put a little post about it before so I won't dwell much on it. We Left Friday after Garets work and drove to Casa Grande. There we met Landon and Justin. We stayed on the out skirts of the city. Im not trying to complain but the hotel was the nastiest hotel I'd ever stayed in. So much that I slept in my clothes and we didn't use any of the hotels blankets or pillows. I was freezing that night but its ok. The next morning we woke up early and went to the school. It was really fun cheering on the boys and like I previously said they all did a good job. After the race Garet and I decided to drive through Mesa and go home that way instead of Tucson. In Mesa we stopped by Sam and Amy's house. It was fun to stop and visit them. After visiting with them we made a Costco stop and then met Laura and Ashley for lunch. After Lunch we drove on back to Thatcher. It was a fun weekend.
We stayed the rest of the month home in Thatcher until I had my next Dr.'s appointment. My appointment was supposed to be the 19th. Garet and I had planned a trip to spend the afternoon there and get some Christmas shopping done. So we were disappointed when we got a phone call canceling my appointment. We were bummed. So we stayed in Thatcher for the weekend. I guess it kinda worked out for the better though because Megan was getting her wisdom teeth pulled that day. I was able to stay home with her and help her. Mom and Jared also came for the weekend. I enjoyed visiting with them. Mom brought projects to do of course so her and I started sewing pj pants for Christmas. My Doctors appointment was rescheduled for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Garet couldn't miss work and go to my appointment with me. I was disappointed but Garet's mom said she would go with me. I was glad we could find out the sex of the baby. I kinda wanted to wait for Garet to come with me and find out the next time but he said to go ahead and find out. It was fun having Kathleen with me. Paige was also there. I was going to be 17 weeks the next day so I wasn't sure if they would be able to tell us for sure or not. I asked the ultrasound tech and she said of course I can tell you. It's a...GIRL!!!! I was so excited. I kinda thought I was going to have a boy just because the morning sickness was a little different this time then it had been with Paige and Aubrey. I just got sicker sooner (@ 5 weeks) and thought I felt a little different. But when I had dreams I would always dream that we were having a girl. I was excited at this news. I was excited for Paige to have a little sister. Kathleen said she had had a feeling we were going to have a girl. Paige on the other hand....Kathleen said, "Paige you are going to have a baby sister." Paige said back, " but I wanted a baby brother." we just laughed. I think she said this only because her little friend has a baby brother. She is now so excited to have a baby sister and practices often at being the big sister. She is going to be a great big sister. After the the ultrasound I immediately text and called Garet. He was also excited that we were going to have another girl.....that's what he wanted. So we have officially broken the trend of the Goodmans. All of Garet's other siblings have had either 1 girl then 3 boys or they had 3 boys then 1 girl. Well we have now had 3 little girls. We are so excited!!! It was fun telling everyone!! I was also supper excited because Allison and Landon were going to have a girl also.
Well when Kathleen and I got home, we came home to lots of company. A lot of the family had gotten her already for the Thanksgiving weekend. Marcos and Esther stayed at our house along with Laura and Johnny and Marshall and Robyn. Sam and Amy stayed and Kenny and M'lee's. It was fun to have everyone here for Thanksgiving. We spend the majority of the time at Kenny and M'lee's. We had a yummy Thanksgiving dinner and had left overs to almost last us the entire weekend. I was scheduled again to work on Thanksgiving night but didn't have to again this year. I was lucky enough to be put on call. They didn't have hardly any pts so i was able to stay home all night. Thanksgiving night some of us girls and Garet decided to try the black Friday sales. At Wal-Mart the sales started at midnight Thanksgiving night. It was crazy!!! There were tons of people there....and they were all going crazy. I wanted to go and get the Toy Story Toys that were on sale that night but I couldn't ever find them. I was so disappointed. We did get some other great deals though. I was excited to have some of my Christmas shopping done!!!It was a fun weekend of non stop play and eating. We were sad to have the family leave. Its always so much fun to be altogether.
2 comments:
Wow you had a lot of updates! It sounds like you finished the year off wonderfully. I'm so excited for you, that you're having a girl and all is well so far. Paige's pictures from her party have her looking so big! She'll be a great helper, I'm sure.
I love all the updates and the pictures. I thought the story of finding out you were going to have a girl is fun. I am glad Paige is excited to have a little sister.
Post a Comment