This year Laura came down for Easter. We had a good time. Friday we decorated hard boiled eggs and frosted sugar cookies. The kids all seemed to have a fun time but I am such a kid and had just as much fun as they did if not more. Both of those activities seemed to take most of the day. Friday night we left all the kids and the adults all went out to eat. It was fun to get away and enjoy some yummy food. Saturday morning we started out the day at our own homes to watch the first session of conference. As soon as the session was over we were in the car and off to have an Easter picnic. We had some yummy food. We were planning on getting back before the next session started but we ended up staying out there for at least half the session. We could hear it on the radio. It was kinda fun to listen to it out there in the middle of no where but it was also hard because I was easily distracted from the kids playing. While on the picnic we had an Easter egg hunt. This year Paige actually got the concept of hiding and finding. It made if fun. When we got home I tried to listen to what i missed of conference and then we were off for more fun. The boys all went to the Priesthood session and the girls were off to the movies. Grandma stayed home and watched the younger kids. We watched "Last Song" it was a cute movie. I really liked it, I just didn't know that it was going to be a sad movie. I didn't prepare myself for that. :0)
After the movie we had some delicious flavorful Sanoran Hot Dogs. I honestly was a little leary of all the layers but they were really good. (For directions see post below)
Sunday Morning...Easter Morning Garet, Paige and I were home alone. Paige found her basket and loved all the fun treats inside. While listening to conference we ate our Easter breakfast....Eggs Benedict. I hope to start this as an Easter breakfast tradition it was yummy!
It was a really fun fun weekend. I didn't get to take a lot of pictures (hope to get them from my sister in-laws still) because my mother in-laws camera I was using (ours is still broken) battery went dead! But like I said before I loved conference, I loved Easter, I love spring and I love spending time with family. You can't get much better then that!!!!
3 comments:
Cute Amanda! I love all your family pictures. Ryan and I just sit here and think what cute people you all are.
But I have to ask, is that what a typical Arizona picnic is like???
Where's the GRASS? Where's the shady trees?
Bethany, ha-ha-ha! yea the choice of picnic wasn't in the greenest area or the shadiest area. The mountains near us still had snow on them so we didn't want to go up there, we didn't want to go to the parks where lots of people would be. We didn't want to go down by the river b/c it was running to fast. Those were pretty much our green areas. :) Garet wanted to just go to the back yard which is green but I wouldn't agree to that. We just wanted to go where nobody was....and we found it. We decided to picnic in the middle of no where in the middle of a wash. Which in Arizona that means small Mesquite trees, bushes and lots of dirt. :)
What a fun Easter! I loved Bethany's comment. I usually don't read others comments but I saw that you responded to it and it made me laugh! I love Paige's messy hair Easter morning. She is SO cute!
Post a Comment