Friday, March 7, 2008

Texas Weather

The weather here is crazy. When we first moved here my co-coworkers told me, " If you don't like the weather today...just wait until tomorrow." That is so true! This week we had a great example of this. Wednesday my friend Hillary and I took the kids to the "park" and fed the ducks. It was beautiful and nice outside. Then Thursday it was freezing cold and snowed most of the day. I had to work that night and the roads were so bad from snow/ice that the hospital got the staff hotel rooms right by the hospital. Its just so crazy to me that one day you can wear shorts, and then the next you have to wear your snow clothes. TEXAS!!!

13 comments:

Kara said...

Texas and NM must be pretty similar if you read my last post, it really is bizarre. Abq has a pretty similar quote of "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes" and it's so true!

Kara said...

Cute pics too, it looks like a really nice park. I love the pics of you and Paige in the snow :)

Spencer and Marlee said...

HOw fun Amanda! I love those pictures of you both bunddled up in your jacket! I seriously can't wait until you move here! I want to squuze paigers!

Our Ohana said...

What fun pictures!!!

Your mom said you guys are moving to Thatcher the end of April?!?! We'll DEFINATELY have to get together!! I want to meet your little Paige!!

Deanne Wahl said...

Crazy weather! Your pics are so cute. I love Paige's ear rings. I still haven't pierced my girls, but it is so cute, I might have to change my mind. When are you coming to Thatcher? I can't wait to see you again. We will definately take a trip to the zoo when you get here :)

Ashley said...

Hey, I found your blog on Deanne Wahl's. I went to high school with Garrett, and it is wonderful to see his beautiful family. Your little girl is precious. Congrats Garrett! Isn't life GREAT!

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Amen to that! SLC, NM, TX....all the same. I think it is global! Oh my goodness, I can't believe that Paige is rolling around like crazy! What a doll! I love that she is doing her best to keep that amazing hair...

Kristen Arnett said...

We miss you guys! It looks like you are having a great time in Texas! That's so neat that you are a nurse! I can't believe Garet is almost done with school! How fun that we both had baby girls. Olivia was born just a month before Paige. We will definitely have to get together when you guys come back! By the way, Paige is adorable! I love her dark hair, and I'm jealous that she still has tons! Olivia was born with lots of dark hair, and it keeps getting lighter and thinner!

Jana and Brett said...

we will probably be coming down at the end of June! I'm so excited!
We definitely have to get together!!!

Brenden+Nikki said...

Amanda! :)

It was so good to hear from you! You're daughter is beautiful! So so cute! It's good to see that you guys are doing well.

So guess what? Brenden and I were asked to speak at a stake youth standards night in Snowflake and I talked about you and Maren and what a great example you had been to me starting from my 13th birthday party (do you remember?) ...well actually before that even....I remember the day you showed me your first CTR ring....ha ha crazy the things that stay in my memory. Anyway I also mentioned how in high school the way you two continued to stand by your standards made such an impression on me (bet you never knew that huh?) and anytime that anyone said "Mormon" I thought of you two. Glad that I could make that association because you two are awesome examples of what the church strives for. Anyway, I talked about that throughout my talk and later a sister came up to me and asked if I was talking about Amanda Haymore and so of course I said yes and she said she was your aunt!! Small world! :) But I'm glad that she could hear from a complete stranger what a great person you are :)

Anyway, sorry for the long blog comment, but I just wanted to let you know that. I'll put you on my list and check up on you often:) It was good to hear from you!

Woodside's said...

I showed my dad all the cute pictures you have up of Paige...I wish I could have captured his reaction. He thinks she is just the cutest thing ever and I agree! Oh, and you do have to enter a word verification to post a comment on your blog.

Levi and Suzi said...

Hey Amanda,
This is from Levi, Good to here from you. Do you still have the same email address? Let me know and I will send you a note there so this comment won't be to long on your blog.

Anonymous said...

WE MISS YOU!! Kade wanted to know where the baby was when we went to grandmas after you left! Cant wait until you are closer. We are headed to Thatcher for conference. To bad you don't live there so we could see you!