
Our Story: My water broke Tuesday afternoon. Garet and I rushed to the emergency room. There we found out that Aubrey's heartbeat remained nice and strong but an ultrasound confirmed that I didn't have very much amniotic fluid left in my body. The doctor wasn't sure if this little amount would be enough to sustain our little girl. He sent me home on bedrest with a referral to see a specialist in Tucson the next day. So the next morning we woke up and drove to Tucson. My mom and dad were with us. The unknown was scary. I was scared of what the future might bring. I already loved this baby that I had been feeling inside me for weeks. I was scared for the child. I was scared for myself. Mom, Dad, and Garet were a great support. I had a prayer in my heart all day. I knew I couldn't do this alone.They pulled us back and did another ultrasound. I could see that that Aubrey still had a good heartbeat but, I knew something was still wrong. The doctor confirmed my feelings and stated there wasn't ANY amniotic fluid left around the baby. She said the baby couldn't continue to develope properly without the amniotic fluid and that I would have to be induced. If chose not to I would pose great risk to myself for infections and for future pregnancies. I was then admitted to TMC to start the induction. I was so scared, sad and heartbroken.
I continued to feel the baby move at the hospital with the little contractions that I had. Soon the contractions started getting harder and I didn't feel the baby move as much. After 5 hours of labor our sweet little Aubrey was born. She was a beautiful little girl. A little girl that I would not raise at this time, and a little girl that I couldn't take home with me. My heart was broken but when the nurse placed this little girl in my arms I felt at peace. I know that even though I long for her to be with us on earth at this time, I know that I will be able to raise this sweet girl once again. I am grateful for priesthood blessings, grateful for a loving husband, supportive parents, family and friends. I really appreciate all the notes/text messages/phone calls that have been sent our way. I am also grateful for a kind, loving Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ.
I know the next couple weeks/months/year is going to be hard but I know that with the help of my Savior I will be able to get through.
35 comments:
Just wanted you to know you're in our prayers!
Oh, Amanda! My heart is aching for you. Those tiny little feet seriously broke my heart. I am so sorry for all you have been through! I will be praying for your family...Love you, Keri
Oh, Amanda! I don't know what to say except that what a blessing it is for us to know about eternal families and you WILL be able to raise her!! She will be watching over your family and is now preparing the way for you to return home to our Heavenly Father.
Who knows why we are faced with these trials but I DO know that they make us better people and stronger members of the church.
I pray that you will find peace and comfort in the days, weeks, months and years to come. PLEASE let me know what I can do to help!! PLEASE. You were such a huge help to me these past few weeks so please let me be the one to help now! You have my number.
I love you guys.
Those pictures are so precious! So grateful we got to talk this morning. We should look into having a girls weekend sometime soon with Kiri! Love you so much!!
Amanda I love you so much!!! You are seriously such a strong person. I really enjoyed you being here this past weekend and can't wait for you to come back this week. I love little Aubrey to pieces! I know that her and Madison got to meet before they decided to enter the world. I'm jealous that Madison got to know her better than me. They still are best friends and will be. I'm sure Grandpa Goodman and Grandpa Lunt are taking great care of Little Aubrey. I sure love you and my heart goes out to you! You are constantly on my mind and in our prayers. I'm calling you later today!
Oh honey! I am just so so so so sad and sorry for you. :( I'll be thinking/praying for you, friend.
Aubrey is a lovely name.
Aubrey is such a pretty name. Amanda, I am so sorry. Stephanie just told me what happened. I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now. It just breaks my heart. Your family is in our prayers.
Amanda! I've been thinking about you since I heard last Thursday. I long to hug you and talk to you. I wish I lived closer. I just love you. You have always had such a strong testimony. And that put my worrying to rest. Now Aubrey will be waiting for you! I can't wait to meet her someday. I'm so sorry that you have been hurting. It kills me that I can't be there with you. Know that you are in my prayers and thoughts all day. Amanda, you are an amazing person. Give a big hug to Paige and Garet for me. Hopefully I will see you when I'm down for Christmas. :0)
I feel awful that I didn't even realize that you guys were pregnant! Erin had told me Saturday, and I am so sorry to hear about your little Aubrey, she must have been too special to stay. Our thoughts and prayers have been with you guys since we heard. Let us know if you need a break or even some girl time, I know we don't hang out that much but that should definitely change! Hope these next few weeks get better.
I'm so sorry Amanda- I found your blog from Jami- isn't it funny how much I stalk you? I just want to say again, how sorry I am and you and your family are in our prayers. I would love to talk to you again if you would like to.
Love, Laurel
(I came over with the pink cookies) :)
I am so sorry Amanda!! I hate that you have to go through this loss. It just makes me so sad. You're attitude is wonderful. Hang in there and let me know if you need anything at all!
Amanda, I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say but my heart is broken for you. I just want to give you a hug. love you girl.
Amanda & Garet and Paige,
Hi, it's Julie Davis from Texas.....
I am so grateful I stumbled accrossed your blog this morning. I am so sorry to hear about Aubrey, ( love the name and love her little feet, they are the cutest!)
My heart breaks for your losing Aubrey too soon as your story is very similiar to mine when I lost Landon 13 years ago....having walked in your shoes, I promise your heart will feel better in time, I am grateful that your so strong and have a great family support! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
love Julie
You guys are amazing! I'm glad in situations like this that we have the gospel and we know the eternal perspective. What an exciting blessing to know that she is waiting for you up in heaven. I am so glad that everything went well with you bringing her in so early. You are a very strong person. You all are in our prayers!
My heart aches for you. Thank goodness you have the knowledge of where your sweet daughter is right now, and what to do to see her again. Much love to you and your family during this difficult time.
May God be with you in this time of sorrow. We will keep your family in our prayers. Mike & Pam
I can't even imagine what you must be going through. We are so blessed to have an eternal perspective but I am sure it is still so difficult. I just wanted to tell you I love ya and I will be praying for you and your family. You are an amazing person and I know Heavenly Father has so many blessings in store for you!
You both have been so much in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. I have shed many tears for you both. We love you guys so much and would do anything for you. I'm sure Taylor and Aubrey are doing amazing work for our Father in Heaven right now. I love those little feet! Aubrey is a precious name. You are in my thoughts and prayers continuously and I am always here for you! Love, Tiffany and Jordan
we love you!
I am so heartbroken for you guys. Aubreys little feet are absolutely adorable! Let me know if there is anything our family can do for you guys. You are such great people and we LOVE you so much!
JC and LaDawn
This is so touching. Those tiny feet are so sweet. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Aubrey is truly a sweet little angel who touched our lives without even knowing her.
I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you and Garet. Know that you are surrounded by so many who love you and continue to pray for you both. We love you! -Esther, Marcos, and family
What beautiful pictures you have of Aubrey's adorable feet! I love you and I am so grateful to have you in my life. You have always been a great example to me. I really do consider you my sister! You stay strong and press forward with that faith that I admire so much!
We love you guys so much. Aubrey is a very special little girl, too special to live in the world we live in today. And you are a wonderful family and that is why Heavenly Father chose to send her to you.
I went to the San Diego Temple today and put your name on the prayer roll. We may be coming down to the valley next week. If we do I will let you know and hopefully we can get together. Love you to pieces. Oh I know you said you want to get away for awhile...Coronado is a great peaceful place.
Amanda I'm so so sorry. That just took my breath away. I know everyone has already said this, but your testimony is incredible. It's always had an impression on me...even at times you have never known. It is a blessing to know about eternal families, and it is so good to know that you gain comfort from that. I can't imagine going through that, but Heavenly Father knows what you can and can't handle - and I know He will help you through anything. I love ya.
Manda, I love you. I can't even imagine how hard all of this is for you guys. Sometimes it's hard for Clayton and I to have patience while we wait for Heavenly Father to send us a baby. I can't imagine losing a precious life before it's begun. All I can say is that your faith will get you through. Your testimony is so strong, I know you already know that. I wonder if little Aubrey knows my kids up in heaven. Maybe they're best friends, who knows? :) I can picture her up there with your future kids talking about the excitment of her short journey and preparing them for what's to come. You will all be with Aubrey again. I'm praying for you guys. I love you.
I just have to agree with what's already been said---that you guys are such an incredible family! Aubrey is such a lucky and special little girl--how neat to have such a special daughter of our Heavenly Father in your family that she didn't even have to come prove herself here on earth. Wow.
But still, even though I know your knowledge and faith is pulling you through this, it doesn't take away the fact that you miss her and I am so sorry for that. Just know that I love you so much and have always looked up to you as someone to emulate. Please give me a call if you ever need anything. You guys are in my prayers every night! :)
My heart aches for you. You have always been a strength to me. Your testimony is so strong. I too am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge we have. It's still hard and I am so sorry for all you have been through. Your in my prayers.
You are amazing Amanda! You are in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your story and your strength. My brother's little girl that passed away was named Aubrey and it just reminded me how amazing these precious spirits are.
Amanda, I had no idea, I'm so sorry! I love being in an eternal family, knowing we will all be together no matter what time does to us! My heart goes out to you, and your family.
I just read this and wanted you to know that Jonathan & I are heartbroken for you & Garet. You are both in our thoughts & prayers. You now have an angel in your family.
Thanks for sharing your sweet story. My heart aches for you guys. She is one special little girl. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
All I can say is that I love you and am thinking about you and your family all the time...
We cried for you guys.Alot. We love you and you are in our every thought and prayer.
Post a Comment