Friday, February 1, 2008

Smiles All Around

Well now that we are back in Texas, We have jumped right into the buisiness of life! I really appreciate Kara's blog that she put in this week about mothers. Being a mother is so amazing! I love every minute of it! However when we got back from Arizona I had to leave Paige and to start back to work. It was so hard to leave her at night. It may sound really silly b/c I felt like I was letting Paige down every time I left. Garet and I decided that I should go back after Paige was born so we all could stay on good health insurance (more importantly Paige and Garet.) Garet takes care of Paige the nights I have to work. As much as I am sad that I have to work I love watching the little relationship grow between the 2 of them. Garet does such a good job with taking care of Paige. He has his own special way to feed her (I pump and he gives her a bottle), He changes all the diapers and even puts her down for bed. I can already tell that Paige loves him a lot. Now that Garet can get Paige to laugh he'll sing and play with her every chance he gets. Here are some pictures that I took of him getting her to laugh. So, for all of you that may get frustrated about staying home all day....its not that great leaving your kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, I just love staying home more and look forward to the day where I only have to work once every other week.

12 comments:

Tiffany Webber said...

I still can't get over how much hair she has! She is so stinkin cute! I can't wait till my little one is here!!

Candace said...

Hey Amanda! I stumbled across you blog awhile ago and was DELIGHTED to read all about you guys! Paige is darling and I'm so glad you are enjoying mommyhood. I will send an invite for you to see our blog!

Nikki said...

Amanda! That little one is getting so big...and again, I LOVE the hair! The pictures are great and I am so glad to hear that you had fun visiting with your family! Good Luck back at work- I am sure it is the right decision, even though it is the hardest one to make.
Love,
Nikki Cavender Tross
www.jeffsthreegirls.blogspot.com

Spencer and Marlee said...

I can't believe how big she has gotten just from Christmas! My heck! She sure is a cutie!

Haymore Family said...

yaya smiles whatever you are tagged! jk shes way cute! but you really are tagged the rules are on my blog! haha

Mary Anne said...

ohhh...I'm sure Garet is so good with her. She has such a cute little smile!

Ashley said...

Hey! LOVE the pics on your blog! It's so much more fun to see who you're reading about! I tagged you for a survey on my blog, so come on over and check it out!

The Baby Catcher said...

What a happy baby you have! She is adorable!

Flint and Jan said...

So adorable! She is so cute...and getting so big. Make sure you keep telling her that I am her favorite great aunt!

Kara said...

Love all her pics, she is so darn sweet! Don't feel bad about leaving Paige, it's so great that Garet gets to take care of her and have that special time alone to bond. I had to work some after I had Rylee for the 1st year for insurance purposes too, it just makes you appreciate being able to stay home with them more whenever it is that you do! :)

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! She is beautiful Amanda. I do massages every once in while and I know exactly what you mean. It's great you are leaving her with Garet though. Hope you have a great day.

Deanne Wahl said...

Paige is adorable! I love the daddy daughter relationship. Both my girls have their dad wrapped around their finger. So when are you back to AZ? I can't wait to see you again. It was so much fun to catch up. Tell Garet I said HI please