


Well it has been about a month since we have updated our blog. I was going to try and do that sometime while we were in Arizona thinking I would have lots of free time to do that but, I never got around to it. This year was lots of fun b/c we got to go home for more then 5 days. We could never go longer b/c of work but since I was on maternity leave we got to go for almost 3 weeks. We had alot of fun with all our family. I know the holidays were awhile ago but I still want to share some memories with you all.
Paige and I flew out on the 18th. She did awesome on the plane ride and slept all the way from Dallas to Tucson and Tucson to Sierra Vista. We stayed a couple days with my family in Sierra Vista. While there Paige took a picture with Santa at my parents ward party. The pictures turned out so cute. Garet flew in on the 20th when his school was done and we all went to Thatcher. We went back and forth a few times between our families. We did alot of things while we were gone so...I'll fill you in on all the fun! There were pretty much 4 big events/days that took place while we were there.. here they go:
1. Christmas: It was fun having a baby this year during the holidays. Paige didn't do much but sit and look cute. However she did bring a special spirit. We spent Christmas Day in Sierra Vista. We kept up with the same traditions of Christmas Caroling to the care center (my mom's favorite thing to do during the holidays), frosting cookies and making goodies, and then eating all the goodies. Christmas Eve we had our traditional "Mexican Fiesta" with all the works and our Christmas program. Paige got to play the part of Baby Jesus, but she didn't play the part very well. She cried the entire time. Her cousin Kade played a better Jesus the previous year.
2. Blessing: The next week on the 30th.(my dads B-day) Was a special day, a highlight of or trip...Paige was blessed. We decided to bless Paige at Kenny and M'lees' house in Thatcher. (thanks so much M'lee/Kenny for all you did)We had most of my family there and and most of Garets. Paige looked so cute all dressed in white. since we did it at home we had an opening prayer, a song and then Garet blessed her. He did a good job and gave a nice blessing. I am so lucky to be Married to him. Then we had a closing prayer...and then ate the famous WEB GOODMAN TACO'S and some yummy enchiliadas Aunt Maureen made!! It was really a special day.
3. New Years: The next big event of our trip would be NEW YEARS!! We had a New Years Eve party in Sierra Vista with alot of my cousins, Aunt Jan, Uncle flint and Uncle Ron. We had a great time playing games and eating food. It was fun seeing everyone. Some people I hadn't seen for over a year. I am excited though b/c I don't have to wait that long to see them again b/c will be back in AZ for good.
4. More Blessings: The last Weekend we were home we traveled to Mesa to attend the blessings of 2 of Piages cousins. Paige has 1 cousin on the Goodman side 10 days younger then her and another that is 6 weeks younger then her. Again that was another fun get together with lots of people and lots of food.
4 comments:
Hey Amanda! Keri Pearce now Payne here...I was happy to find you! Paige is a doll, so cute with her dark hair! I'm glad your holidays were good and that you all are doing well!
I'm so jealous you got to spend so much time with your families for Christmas!! Oh well, we still had fun! Paige is so cute! I love her little smile next to her stocking! Jordan and I went to Bahama Bucks again the other night! It was yummy! It made me think of you guys!
you guys are so cute! Paige looks so much like Garet to me, in a girly way. She is a doll. I'm glad you guys got to be with family for Christmas...I know it can be hard to be out of the state. You said that you will be in Arizona for good soon...that's great! Did Garet get a job there?
Manda!
It was good to talk to you! I went to Paige's photoshoot...I love her pictures! I need to set up a picture appointment soon. That little pink blanket that she was laying on...my friend made me a blanket exactly like it! I love that material.
You have a great looking family. I love ya! Talk to you soon.
Love,
Jana
Post a Comment